Blas 2021 is going virtual! Now in its 25th year, the Blas Summer School will host its annual programme virtually from 21st June to 1st July. Given the uncertainty of the ongoing pandemic, the Blas team strongly believes this is the safest way to proceed and keep the Blas experience going.
Blas has firmly established itself as one of Ireland’s most prestigious accredited summer schools and this year’s virtual programme will be no different! Blas will continue to provide access to the wisdom and tutelage of eminent figures of the Traditional world, while also striving to keep masterclass sizes small. The new virtual programme will feature a one week intensive with an optional second academic week for students seeking university accreditation. Each week includes the following:
- Five days of virtual masterclasses (2hrs per day)
- Five days of virtual Irish language and culture classes (1hr per day)
- Five days of live-streamed lectures, including the annual Blas Bilingual Interview and Francis Roche Memorial lecture (1hr per day)
- Access to eight recorded academic lectures on Irish music, song, and dance topics
- Access to daily recorded lunchtime concerts
- Access to live-stream evening concerts
- Access to certain virtual NAFCo (North Atlantic Fiddle Convention) events (TBC)
- Eight interactive tutorials (correlating to recorded academic lectures) with Irish World Academy faculty members
- Assessment and feedback of written assignment at the end of Blas programme
- Successful students can earn 3 undergraduate credits (6 ECTS credits)
Click HERE to see our virtual timetable. Please note, this timetable is on Irish Standard Time.
For more information on the application process and tuition fees, please visit the ‘Apply’ page.